Longtime readers know where to find us when we’re not in the San Francisco Bay Area. Ninety-eight percent of the year, Henry and I are crazily juggling a bazillion things at once, but when we need to decompress, we grab the kids and decamp to Hawaii — our home away from home.
Once or twice a year, we herd the family on a plane to Kauai or Maui, stock up on supplies at a local Costco, and exhale to the sounds of slack-key and ukulele on the radio. Our next trip to Hawaii is just FIVE DAYS AWAY, and I CANNOT WAIT. I love everything about the islands: The people, the pace, the climate, the beaches, the sunsets, the food.
But foremost among the Hawaiian dishes I crave? Kalua pig.
That’s right: Slow-roasted porky goodness that’s traditionally cooked in a hole in the ground.
Making this right now for tomorrow’s dinner. Can’t wait! Love me some pork!!
- clairebear1987 likes this
- taylieh reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- bamboosha reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- abeybaby001 likes this
- nutrify likes this
- justina50 reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- jackspaleoblog reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- mellomama69 likes this
- alexwhineandcheese likes this
- lunapics likes this
- thefabm likes this
- goodfightgonebad reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- speakerforthetrees likes this
- toph3r likes this
- beta-for-veronika likes this
- harley-ambiguous likes this
- nomnompaleo posted this